[Nfb-editors] New Jersey newsletter

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 19 21:24:22 UTC 2011

I think New Jersey's newsletter is professional and follows a similar
approach as the Braille Monitor.  My one question is about the donation
information at the top.  I am not sure how I feel about this.  Readers
may not want to be sequestered for donations right off the bat--
especially non-members.  Personally, I would leave this section for the
end.

Another question, do any other newsletters follow Associated Press Style
guide standards?  Just curious.  I recently decided to tack on a public
relations minor to my creative writing degree, and in professional PR
writing--including newsletters--they follow AP Style guide.  I am trying
to incorporate this into the Nebraska newsletter so it follows a
standard professional style, though the NFBN publication leans towards a
balance of informative as well as creative.

I have encouraged our affiliate to write essays discussing different
topics covering philosophy, training, legislation and personal
experiences/opinions in general.

Bridgit Kuenning Pollpeter
Editor, The Nebraska Independent