[Nfb-editors] In terms of addressing and questioning NFB policies

Wunder, Gary gwunder at nfb.org
Wed Mar 23 12:08:34 UTC 2011

Let me add one thing to Mike's fine post. In April President Maurer has an article in the Braille Monitor about a student seminar and the questions he was asked by students about our position on Social Security Disability Insurance. He explains the reason for the policy and a bit of its history, but his real effort is to explain the way we arrive at policies and to say that if our policies aren't what  they should be, here's how we go about changing them. Just because it was is no reason it will always be. I can show you several policies that have evolved over time so that they would hardly seem recognizable today.

Warmly,

Gary