[Nfb-editors] Food for thought: Presenting our message as theatre

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun May 8 23:40:49 UTC 2011

Mike,

Well, no one is suggesting we only present Federation philosophy through
the medium of theatre.  Of course plays can not be the only way to
address a philosophy.

We still require other forms to educate and disseminate information.  I
don't believe Tina , myself or anyone else thinks the theatre is a
cure-all, and that we should switch to advocating through plays only.

Although, I still believe our philosophy, which is complete
independence- in a nutshell, can be presented in a two or three hour
play.

And if we can't present our message in a 2 or 3 hour format, which is
the standard time for most plays, how else can we get our ideas across?
I mean, if a 3 hour play can't do it, I doubt a speech, article,
publication or anything else can express Federation philosophy.

True, most people no longer sit through a speech or read an article, but
people still enjoy the arts like plays.  Entertainment forms still draw
people.  Perhaps more creative methods, whether a play or something
else, is a way to capture peoples attention and communicate our
philosophy.

Regardless, I believe this is another time when we will agree to
disagree.  *smile*  Different strokes for different folks.  Oh boy,
maybe I shouldn't say that!  LOL

Bridgit
Message: 3