[Nfb-editors] NFB logo

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 00:04:10 UTC 2011

The logo is not changed- it is the exact same Whosit logo,
divisions/affiliates can just add an element to make it specific to
their group.  Like adding a guide dog, or the student division could
have the Whosit wearing a backpack.  So the logo isn't changed at all.
It is still the NFB stick figure, but with an added element so that it
is associated with a particular NFB group.  I fail to see how this
threatens the NFB.  No one is creating a different logo.  Especially
since we are one of the few organizations to have divisions and groups,
it makes sense that the Whosit would reflect certain groups this way.

If people were creating completely different logos, I could understand
the concern, but all this is, is using the exact same Whosit and
incorporating it to fit individual groups.  Like with Omaha, all I did
was place it in the O in Omaha.  If that is wrong and a "gross mistake,"
well perhaps we be less concerned with creative efforts and just work
towards creating environments that work to change mindsets.  A logo
brands us, but without other things being consistent, we will not move
forward.

So calm down everyone.  *grin* I didn't suggest anyone uproot the
organization and make drastic changes.  I said use the exact same logo
and just incorporate something that makes it distinctive to that group-
though I know how the Federation hates distinction.  God forbid
something, or someone, bring a fresh perspective.

Bridgit

Message: 3