[Nfb-greeley] October Minutes

JJ Aragon mistyluna at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 19 04:22:50 UTC 2016

Hi Friends!
  The minutes from October 15th are pasted below. See you all tomorrow!
Best,
JJ

The Greeley Chapter of the
National Federation of the Blind of Colorado
Meeting 10-15-16
Centennial Park Library

In Attendance: Cody, Melissa, JJ, Diane, Bill, Patrick, Dora, Alex

Minutes from May and July: Approved

Treasurer's Report: $201.91. Cody has $15 to deposit. There is money from the Cafe Mexicali fund raiser.

State Convention
Melissa, JJ, and Cody will go. Melissa and JJ will get $30.
We will have 100 bags of trail mix to sell, half nut, half-no-nut. Diane will mix them, and get them to Melissa.
We'll still do the 50/50 this year. 1 for $2, 3 for $5.
We will also have a monocular, SD card, and talking calculator for door prizes.
We'll try to find something to add for an auction item. Alex will look into Greeley mugs.
JJ is going to sit on Resolutions. Cody will sit on the nominating committee. Melissa will be sitting on resolutions for COAGDU.

Fund Raising Seminar
60 minute seminar about financial literacy: savings, wise investments, ETC.
November 19th at noon in Centennial Park Library big room.
Everyone over 25 will make $20 for the chapter.
Our meeting will happen after this event at 1.
We will bring 4 extra large pizzas, veggie tray, and drinks.
RSVP by November 17th to Cody.
We can incorporate a blindness piece after the main speaker. Folding money from Razz, money reader from NLS from Diane, iPhone app from Cody, online banking from Melissa.

Christmas Party
December 17th in the Centennial Park Library small room.
We will do another toy drive for the Montessori Academy of Greeley.
Pizza, JJ'S brownies, and side dishes. Everyone will contribute $5.
We can send out game activity ideas on the list.

GET Event
JJ will invite GET drivers to the Christmas party.
We will shoot for an advocacy meeting in January.

Adjourn at 1:39
Next Meeting: November 19
 '''Addicted to the written word...