[Nfb-greeley] May 2017 Meeting Minutes

Razz Terizzi confiscatedretina at gmail.com
Tue May 16 23:55:52 UTC 2017

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in getting these out to you.

Minutes for the Greeley Chapter of the NFB, May 2017 meeting, as recorded
by chapter secretary Razz Terizzi.

Meeting location/date: Cennteniel Park Library, Saturday May 13, 2017
Call to order: 1:05pm
Meeting adjourned: 2:45pm
Attending members: Dora, Cody, Linda, Melissa Green, JJ Argon, Razz Terizzi

Dues totaling $35 were gathered from all members present.

Elections were held. Cody succeeded presidency of the chapter to JJ Argon.
Our new vice president is Dora. The new secretary is Razz Terizzi. Linda is
continuing as tresurer and Melissa Green is our sole member of the board.
It was generally agreed that Cody is handsome.

Only two of our members will be attending the national convention in July,
Cody and Dora.

The King Sooper's gift cards fundraiser was finalized with a total of $235
reached in this meeting and a final total of $255 in June. Melissa will
contact the store on 35 Ave Monday, May 15, to finalize ordering the cards.
The following members paid for cards which will be delivered in the June
meeting:
Diane $50
Dora $35
Linda $25
Cody $100
Bill $25
JJ $20 (will be given to Linda in June)

Linda gave the treasurer's report. As of May 13, we have $354 in the
account with $30 pending from Diane. As of today (May 16) we should have
$384. We collected $35 in member dues and $235 for the King Sooper's cards
(which will be given to the store and not deposited to our chapter
account).

We discussed the interview that Sylvia Torres wants to do with current and
former UNC students who are blind. Cody, JJ, Melissa, and Razz agreed to
speak with Sylvia.

State convention was discussed. Rooms for the convention must be reserved
by September 25, 2017, in order to get the discounted rate (about $300 per
room for the full convention weekend). The convention is being held in Ft.
Collins from October 26 - 29 at the Hilton on Prospect. All board members
and elected chapter officials must attend.

The Ft. Collins vision fair has been rescheduled for September. The
Perspectives Expo has been cancelled.

Scott and Kevin owe the Greeley chapter $200.

The summer picnic was cancelled in favor of bowling. Melissa has agreed to
contact someone at the bowling alley and we will have a meeting/social
gathering event some time in early or mid August.

There was some discussion of an airplane safety training event for members
of the chapter and the opportunity for employees of airlines to interact
with the blind. Further research on this will be done by Razz.

We also discussing changing the meeting time from 12pm to 1pm.

Next meeting: June 17

((That's everything from my notes. If I'm missing any important details,
please let me know! Apologies for not having everyone's full names in here.
I forgot to get all of your last names. I hope you guys had a good rest of
the weekend and that this week is going well!))