[Nfb-greeley] May 2017 Meeting Minutes

Melissa R Green graduate56 at juno.com
Wed May 17 01:30:31 UTC 2017

Well done.
I did laugh that Jj is now Jj argon.

Best,
Melissa R. Green And Pj

From: Razz Terizzi via Nfb-greeley
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:55 PM
To: nfb-greeley at nfbnet.org
Cc: Razz Terizzi
Subject: [Nfb-greeley] May 2017 Meeting Minutes

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in getting these out to you.

Minutes for the Greeley Chapter of the NFB, May 2017 meeting, as recorded by chapter secretary Razz Terizzi.

Meeting location/date: Cennteniel Park Library, Saturday May 13, 2017

Call to order: 1:05pm

Meeting adjourned: 2:45pm

Attending members: Dora, Cody, Linda, Melissa Green, JJ Argon, Razz Terizzi

Dues totaling $35 were gathered from all members present.

Elections were held. Cody succeeded presidency of the chapter to JJ Argon. Our new vice president is Dora. The new secretary is Razz Terizzi. Linda is continuing as tresurer and Melissa Green is our sole member of the board. It was generally agreed that Cody is handsome.

Only two of our members will be attending the national convention in July, Cody and Dora.

The King Sooper's gift cards fundraiser was finalized with a total of $235 reached in this meeting and a final total of $255 in June. Melissa will contact the store on 35 Ave Monday, May 15, to finalize ordering the cards. The following members paid for cards which will be delivered in the June meeting:

Diane $50

Dora $35

Linda $25

Cody $100

Bill $25

JJ $20 (will be given to Linda in June)

Linda gave the treasurer's report. As of May 13, we have $354 in the account with $30 pending from Diane. As of today (May 16) we should have $384. We collected $35 in member dues and $235 for the King Sooper's cards (which will be given to the store and not deposited to our chapter account).

We discussed the interview that Sylvia Torres wants to do with current and former UNC students who are blind. Cody, JJ, Melissa, and Razz agreed to speak with Sylvia.

State convention was discussed. Rooms for the convention must be reserved by September 25, 2017, in order to get the discounted rate (about $300 per room for the full convention weekend). The convention is being held in Ft. Collins from October 26 - 29 at the Hilton on Prospect. All board members and elected chapter officials must attend.

The Ft. Collins vision fair has been rescheduled for September. The Perspectives Expo has been cancelled.

Scott and Kevin owe the Greeley chapter $200.

The summer picnic was cancelled in favor of bowling. Melissa has agreed to contact someone at the bowling alley and we will have a meeting/social gathering event some time in early or mid August.

There was some discussion of an airplane safety training event for members of the chapter and the opportunity for employees of airlines to interact with the blind. Further research on this will be done by Razz.

We also discussing changing the meeting time from 12pm to 1pm.

Next meeting: June 17

((That's everything from my notes. If I'm missing any important details, please let me know! Apologies for not having everyone's full names in here. I forgot to get all of your last names. I hope you guys had a good rest of the weekend and that this week is going well!))

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Nfb-greeley:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-greeley_nfbnet.org/graduate56%40juno.com