[NFB-Greeley] Fw: CCDC is helping make what you need easier to find.

Melissa R Green graduate56 at juno.com
Sun Mar 22 01:37:34 UTC 2020

Distribute to others.

From: CCDC Member Alerts List
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 7:01 PM
To: graduate56 at juno.com
Subject: CCDC is helping make what you need easier to find.

Good Evening to all of the CCDC Family,

During any time of crisis, misinformation, and rumors can cause fear and unnecessary anxiety. Our new resource page provides quick links and references to answer many of your questions and calm your concerns. We bring the most relevant information, links, suggestions, and much more, directly to you, whether you are in quarantine or have decided staying home is the best way to engage in social distancing.

We have also agreed to help funnel questions and concerns on all disability issues to the folks over at HCPF in an organized way, so they are not constantly bouncing from one topic to another. You can send your Medicaid policy questions and concerns to COVID at ccdconline.org, and we will group them in a way to make it easier for you to get the Medicaid answers you need. We will have more information regarding Medicaid for you very soon. We also will provide links and information from HCPF as they send it to us. We will have available the pdf and/or recording from today's COVID-19 HCPF and Disability Community webinar as soon as it becomes available.

While each employee at CCDC continues to do his or her job, we are also implementing new ways to engage with you. Next Monday, March 23rd, at 10 am, we are launching the first of our virtual events in our new series, Staying Calm and Building Community Power. Each week we will bring you new topics that offer information, education, answers, and much more. They are tailored to address your most pressing questions.

The categories from our website are listed below and address the following:

Virtual Events

Practicing Social Distancing also means we risk isolating ourselves from others. CCDC is committed to holding regular virtual events - from educational webinars to informational Q and A's with subject matter experts, and online celebrations of successes and wins we all experience. Look to this page for the latest online events.

Q & A - Fact & Fiction

There are a lot of rumors and outright wrong information. This section attempts to put your mind at ease by dispelling the misinformation that is out there. This page includes:

  a.. How do I know if I am sick with the Coronavirus?
  b.. Can Coronavirus live on food and objects?
  c.. Are Chinese or other Asian Americans more likely to spread the virus?
  d.. Should I wear a mask to protect myself?
  e.. And many other questions

Resources

This section contains information about what is available to make a difficult time a little easier. This page includes:

  a.. Emergency food access
  b.. Financial advice for tough times
  c.. Affordable internet connections and very low-cost computers (so you can stay connected.)
  d.. Grocery store hours dedicated just to you
  e.. And much more

Links

Use these quick links to access official information regarding the pandemic and the impact it may have on you. The websites listed are official government sites or trusted by CCDC.

Information & Blogs

This section is dedicated to dispelling rumors, providing clarification, offering guidance, interesting and informative articles relating to life during a pandemic.

We will be adding new information as we receive it. Anything added new during the week will be highlighted in red for the rest of the week. Every Friday morning, we will send out an update to you containing the information added the previous week. This way, you get the most timely information in the simplest way possible.

We encourage you to visit the site often. If you think there is an error in our information or have something you feel would be helpful for people with disabilities to know during this pandemic, please send your information to covid at ccdconline.org. We intend these web pages to be of value to you. Help us continue to update and improve on our start.

Lastly, we value the strength and support the disability community brings to any fight we engage in - whether for our rights or our lives. We have the unique opportunity to show others that having a disability isn't a tragedy but a strength to draw on in difficult times.

We look forward to your involvement, ideas, and thoughts.

CCDC Staff

COVID-19: Resources, Links, and Information for People with and without Disabilities
Please do not reply to this email as it is not monitored. Please see the original email for contact information.

Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
1385 S. Colorado Blvd. Bldg. A., Suite 610. Denver, CO 80222
Organizational Line: 303-839-1775
Organizational Fax: 303-648-6262
Legal Program's Fax: 720-420-1390
www.ccdconline.org
Become a Member of CCDC for Free
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Contact us information:
http://www.ccdconline.org/contact-us

Staff Directory:
http://www.ccdconline.org/about/people/staff

Add this email address to your contact to ensure you get the CCDC Alerts you signed up for, and to opt-out of getting these alerts, please email us at:
info at ccdconline.org