[NFB-Hams] Michael seeking hel

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Wed Aug 4 18:15:52 UTC 2021

Anyone know how to setup a test these days?

I've looked at the online testing requirements, and they're just nuts.
I understand them, but it won't work here, because I don't have a
monitor attached to my pc, and they want a second device pointed at you
and your screen, so they can watch you.  Obviously, that won't work in
my case.  Any suggestions?

I don't mind testing in person, (can we still get braille tests?)

I emailed the handiham folks asking for guidance here, but I've received
no reply, so does anyone know where to go, who to contact to get tested.

That hamradiolicenseexam.com site is great for preparing for an exam.
They don't always explain everything suitably, but they do get you ready
for the test.  I've taken practice exams there, and passed each one of
them, so I'm sure I could pass a real exam, I'm now just trying to
determine if I should continue studying there, and take multiple tests,
or if I should just stick with technician for now, and hit the others later.

Some of that of course would depend on what the current test taking
environment is like out there, so any hints would be useful.