[NFB-Hams] Orlando Fl Amateur Repeaters

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Tue Apr 9 19:02:21 UTC 2024

Hi.

In short, you have to take and pass a 35 question exam all about radio,
rules and regulations, electronics, etc. But it sounds a lot worse than it
actually is. Children routinely pass this same exam, so it can't be that
bad. :) I'm assuming you live in the United States. I'm sure others will be
along shortly to give you further details, but here is a website with
several resources. Note that while they do offer links about how to learn
morse code, this is entirely optional, though can certainly be loads of
fun. But for now, feel free to skip the morse code (also called CW).

If you'd like to chat via phone about the hobby and to get more of your
questions answered, I would be happy to do so, as would many other folks on
this list. Just let me know.

https://blindhams.wordpress.com/study-links/

Best of luck.

Aaron