[NFB-Hams] Orlando Fl Amateur Repeaters

squierr at comcast.net squierr at comcast.net
Wed Apr 10 02:53:32 UTC 2024

Hi!

Any advice on a beginner first radio?

Renee

From: NFB-Hams <nfb-hams-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Aaron Cannon via NFB-Hams
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2024 12:02 PM
To: National Federation of the Blind Amateur Radio Division List <nfb-hams at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Aaron Cannon <cannona at fireantproductions.com>
Subject: Re: [NFB-Hams] Orlando Fl Amateur Repeaters

Hi.

In short, you have to take and pass a 35 question exam all about radio, rules and regulations, electronics, etc. But it sounds a lot worse than it actually is. Children routinely pass this same exam, so it can't be that bad. :) I'm assuming you live in the United States. I'm sure others will be along shortly to give you further details, but here is a website with several resources. Note that while they do offer links about how to learn morse code, this is entirely optional, though can certainly be loads of fun. But for now, feel free to skip the morse code (also called CW).

If you'd like to chat via phone about the hobby and to get more of your questions answered, I would be happy to do so, as would many other folks on this list. Just let me know.

https://blindhams.wordpress.com/study-links/

Best of luck.

Aaron

N9LID