[Nfb-hi] FW: Upcoming Detour

Milton Ota mota at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Nov 17 02:12:33 UTC 2011

Oahu Transit Services, Inc.

Planning and Marketing Department

November 15, 2011

The Val Nolasco Memorial Half Marathon, sponsored by the Mid-Pacific
Roadrunners Club,

will be held on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2011. Approximately 900 runners are
expected to

participate in this event, which is scheduled to commence at 5:30 a.m.,
along the following

course:

>From Kalakaua Avenue fronting the Kapiolani Park tennis courts, proceed ewa
on

Kalakaua Avenue, right Monsarrat Avenue, right Paki Avenue, left Diamond
Head Road

(eastbound lanes only), right 18th Avenue (partial lane closure), right
Kilauea Avenue, right

Waialae Avenue, onto Kalanianaole Highway (curb lane), turnaround near West
Hind

Drive (Aina Haina), returning ewa on Kalanianaole Highway (eastbound makai
curb lane),

onto eastbound access ramp to Waialae Avenue, left Kealaolu Avenue, right
Kahala

Avenue, (eastbound lanes only), onto Diamond Head Road (eastbound lanes
only), right

Paki Avenue, left Kalakaua Avenue to the Honolulu Marathon Finish Line, near
the

Kapiolani Park Bandstand.

Buses on the following routes will DETOUR from approximately 5:15a.m. to
approximately

9:30 a.m., or when directed by the police, OTS Road Supervisors, or Central
Control.

DETOUR

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2011

Approximately 5:15a.m. to 9:30a.m.

NOTES:

1.

Service all bus stops along your detour route unless otherwise noted below.

2.

The eastbound makai curb lane of Kalanianaole Highway, between the Waialae
Avenue

access ramp and Keahole Street, will be coned off for runners, service bus
stops outside

of the coned lane.

3.

Be sure to practice defensive driving and remain alert, especially in coned
off areas.

Route E. CountryExpress!

Eastbound:

Regular route to Kalakaua Avenue/Paoakalani Avenue. DETOUR by veering to

turn left onto Kapahulu Avenue, right Leahi Avenue, to the temporary
terminus at

Leahi Avenue/Lakimau Street (Paki Avenue Park).

Westbound:

East on Leahi Avenue, right Monsarrat Avenue, right Paki Avenue, left
Kapahulu

Avenue, resuming regular route.

Route 1, Kaimuki-Kalihi

Eastbound:

No detour; however, refer to Note #2 above concerning servicing bus stops on

Kalanianaole Highway between Waialae Avenue access ramp and Keahole Street

from outside the coned off lane.

Westbound:

No detour.

Route 4, Nuuanu-Punahou Route 20, Waikiki-Pearlridge

Route 8, Waikiki-Aia Moana Route 42, Ewa Beach-Waikiki

Route 19, Waikiki-Airport-Hickam

Eastbound:

Regular route to temporary bus stop at Kuhio Avenue/Kapahulu Avenue.

DETOUR left Kapahulu Avenue, right Leahi Avenue to temporary terminus at

Leahi Avenue/Lakimau Street (Paki Park).

Westbound:

>From temporary terminus at Paki Park, DETOUR kokohead on Leahi Avenue, right

Monsarrat Avenue, right Paki Avenue, left Kapahulu Avenue, right Kuhio
Avenue,

resuming regular route.

SERVICE ALL BUS STOPS ALONG YOUR DETOUR ROUTE

Route 14~ St. Louis-Kahala Avenue-Maunalani

Eastbound: Regular route to Poni Moi-Paki intersection. DETOUR left Paki
Avenue, right

Monsarrat Avenue, onto Diamond Head Road, left 181h Avenue, right Kilauea

Avenue, left Pahoa Avenue, resuming regular route.

Westbound: No detour.

Route 201 I Waipahu Via Farrington Express

Route 202, Waipahu Via Paiwa Express

Route 2031 Kalihi Via School Street Express

A.M. Operation Only:

Regular route to bus stop at Kuhio Avenue/Kapahulu Avenue. From this

point:

Buses proceeding out of service -left Kapahulu Avenue, resuming regular out
of

service route.

Buses that swing to another route -right Leahi Avenue to Paki Park terminus,

resuming regular route to swing assignment.

Road Supervisors will be stationed at strategic locations to assist you with
these detours. As

with all other detour events, many patrons will be inconvenienced. Please
exercise PATIENCE

and POLITELY EXPLAIN that this is an event over which we have no control. If
you encounter

any problems, contact Central Control.