[Nfb-hi] FW: Upcoming Detours

Milton Ota mota at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Nov 17 19:26:59 UTC 2011

From: John Black [mailto:john.black at thebus.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:06 AM
To: PWDNotificationGroup at thebus.org
Subject: Upcoming Detours

Sorry guys, this was supposed to have come over with the other one
yesterday.

Make it a great day!

John

Oahu Transit Services, Inc.

Planning and Marketing Department

RE: WAIKIKI HOLIDAY PARADE

The Waikiki Holiday Parade, sponsored by Gateway Music Festival
Tours/Superior Bands, will be

held at 7:00 P.M., FRIDA Y, NOVEMBER 25, 2011, along the following route:

>From the Kalakaua/Saratoga starting point, east on Kalakaua, left Monsarrat,

terminating at the Queen Kapiolani Park.

The parade route and all cross streets will be CLOSED PROGRESSIVELY. City
buses on the

following routes will detour as outlined at approximately 6:30 p.m. or when
directed by the police,

OTS Central Control or Road Supervisors. Note: Saratoga Road between
Kalakaua Avenue

and Kalia Road may be closed from 6:15 p.m.

NOTE: SERVICE ALL BUS STOPS ALONG YOUR DETOUR ROUTE.

DETOUR

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25,2011

6:30 P.M. TO APPROXIMATELY 8:00 P.M.

NOTES:

1. SERVICE ALL BUS STOPS ALONG YOUR DETOUR ROUTE.

2. During the parade, operators on Routes E, 8, 19, 20, 23, 24, and 42
please pick up ALL

pASSENGERS AT ALL BUS STOPS ALONG KAllA ROAD and direct them to transfer to
their

desired routes either on Ala Moana Boulevard or on Kuhio Avenue.

Route B. CityExpress!

Eastbound: Regular route to Kalakaua/Ena bus stop. DETOUR by merging into
left lane to turn left

Kuhio, left Kapahulu, right Leahi to temporary terminus at Leahi/Lakimau
(Paki Park).

Westbound: From temporary terminus, continue DETOUR via kokohead on Leahi,
right Monsarrat,

right Paki, left Kapahulu, right Kuhio, resuming regular route.

Route E. CountryExpress!

Eastbound:

Regular route to Kalia/Army Museum driveway. DETOUR right counter-clockwise

around Army Museum 'turnaround, exit left Kalia, right Ala Moana, right
Kalakaua, left

Kuhio to Kuhio/Kapahulu, left Kapahulu, right Leahi to temporary terminus at

Leahi/Lakimau (Paki Park).

Westbound:

>From temporary terminus, continue DETOUR via kokohead on Leahi, right
Monsarrat,

right Paki, left Kapahulu, right Kuhio, regular route to Kuhio/Lewers bus
stop. DETOUR

by continuing ewa on Kuhio, servicing the temporary bus stop at
KuhiolOlohana, right

Kalakaua, right Pau, left Ala Wai, left Niu, onto Ala Moana, servicing the
temporary stop

at Todai's Restaurant, resuming regular route.

Route 2. Waikiki-School-Middle

Eastbound:

Regular route to temporary bus stop at Kuhio/Kapahulu. DETOUR left Kapahulu,
right

Leahi, right Noela, left Paki, right Kalakaua (ewa-bound), left at the
Dillingham Fountain,

left Kalakaua (kokohead-bound), resuming regular route to Paki/Poni Moi
terminus.

Westbound:

No detour.

Route 4. Nuuanu-Punahou

Eastbound: Regular route to temporary bus stop at Kuhio/Kapahulu. DETOUR
left Kapahulu, right

Leahi to temporary terminus at Leahi/Lakimau (Paki Park).

Westbound: From temporary terminus, continue DETOUR via kokohead on Leahi,
right Monsarrat,

right Paki, resuming regular route.

NOTE: SERVICE ALL BUS STOPS ALONG YOUR DETOUR ROUTE.

Route 8. Waikiki-Ala Moana Route 20, Waikiki-Pearlridge

Route 19. Waikiki-Airport-Hickam Route 42, Ewa Beach-Waikiki

Eastbound:

Regular route to bus stop at Kalia Road/Hale Koa Hotel. Continue kokohead on
Kalia to

the U.S. Army Museum driveway. DETOUR right counter-clockwise around the

driveway, left Kalia (see Note #2 on Page 1), right Ala Moana, right
Kalakaua, left

Kuhio, resuming regular route to temporary bus stop at Kuhio/Kapahulu.
DETOUR left

Kapahulu, right Leahi, to temporary terminus at Leahi/Lakimau (Paki Park).

Westbound:

>From temporary terminus, continue DETOUR via kokohead on Leahi, right
Monsarrat,

right Paki, resuming regular route until Kuhio/Launiu. From this point,
DETOUR by

continuing ewa on Kuhio, right Kalakaua, right Pau, left Ala Wai, left Niu,
onto Ala

Moana, resuming regular route.

Route 14, St. Louis-Kahala-Maunalani

Eastbound:

Regular route to Kapahulu/Lemon. DETOUR right Lemon, right Paoakalani, right
Kuhio,

left Kapahulu, right Leahi, right Noela, left Paki, right Kalakaua
(ewa-bound) left at the

Dillingham Fountain, left Kalakaua (kokohead-bound), resuming regular route.

Westbound:

No detour.

Route 23, Hawaii Kai-Sea Life Park

Eastbound:

To Hawaii Kai/Sea Life Park -Regular route to bus stop at Kalia Road/Hale
Koa Hotel.

Continue kokohead on Kalia to the U.S. Army Museum driveway. DETOUR right

counter-clockwise around the driveway (see Note #2 on Page 1), left Kalia,
right Ala

Moana, right Kalakaua, left Kuhio, resuming regular route to temporary bus
stop at

Kuhio/Kapahulu. DETOUR left Kapahulu, right Leahi, left Monsarrat, resuming
regular

route.

Westbound:

Regular route to Kuhio/Launiu. DETOUR by continuing ewa along Kuhio, right

Kalakaua, right Pau, left Ala Wai, left Niu, onto Ala Moana, resuming
regular route.

Route 24, Aina Haina-Ala Moana

Eastbound: Regular route to bus stop at Kalia/Hale Koa Hotel. Continue
kokohead on Kalia to the

U.S. Army Museum driveway. DETOUR right counter-clockwise around the
driveway

(see Note #2 on Page 1), left Kalia, right Ala Moana, right Kalakaua, left
Kuhio, regular

route to temporary bus stop at Kuhio/Kalakaua. DETOUR left Kapahulu, right
Leahi, left

Monsarrat, resuming regular route.

Westbound:

Regular route to Kuhio/Launiu. DETOUR by continuing ewa on Kuhio, right
Kalakaua,

right Pau, left Ala Wai, left Niu, onto Ala Moana, resuming regular route
from Ena Road.

TEMPORARY BUS STOPS

EASTBOUND:

1. On U.S. Army Museum driveway (Routes E, 8, 19,20,23,24,42)

2. On Kalia Road east of Ala Moana Boulevard (Routes E, 8, 19,20,23,24,42)

3. On Kuhio Avenue, ewa side of Kapahulu Avenue (Routes B, E, 2,4,8, 13, 14,
19,20,22,23,24,

42)

4. On Leahi, ewa of Lakimau Street (Paki Park) (Routes B, E, 2, 4,8, 14,
19,20,22,23,24,42)

5. At Dillingham Fountain turnaround (Routes 2, 14)

WESTBOUND:

1. On Kapahulu Avenue, at Kuhio Avenue (Routes B, E, 2, 4, 8, 13, 14, 19,
20, 22, 23, 24, 42)

2. On Kuhio Avenue, kokohead of Olohana Street (Routes E, 2, 4,8, 13,
19,20,22,23,24,42)

3. On Ala Moana Boulevard, mauka of Kalia/Ena Roads (Todai's) (Routes E,
8,19,20,23,24,42)

Road Supervisors will be stationed at strategic locations to assist you with
these detours. As with all

other detours, many patrons will be inconvenienced. Please exercise PATIENCE
and POLITELY

EXPLAIN that this is an event over which we have no control.

Vice President

Planning and Marketing

Oahu Transit Services, Inc. OTS.IHC

Planning and Marketing Department PARATRl~.NS!T SERVICES

November 15, 2011

RE: 65th ANNUAL KEIKI KALiKIMAKA HAWAII KAI CHRISTMAS PARADE

The annual Keiki Kalikimaka Hawaii Kai Christmas Parade will be held at on
SA TURDA Y,

NOVEMBER 26,2011, commencing at 10:00 A.M., along the following route:

>From Lunalilo Home Road/Hawaii Kai Drive (Kamiloiki Community Park),
proceeding

makai in all the westbound lanes of Lunalilo Home Road, to the mauka
driveway of

the Koko Marina Shopping Center (opposite Hawaii Kai Library).

CAUTION: A CONTRA-FLOW LANE FOR WESTBOUND (makai-bound)

TRAFFIC WILL BE ESTABLISHED ON LUNALILO HOME ROAD ALONG THE

PARADE ROUTE UTILIZING ONE MAUKA-BOUND LANE.

Operators on the following routes will DETOUR as outlined below at
approximately 9:30 A.M, or

when directed by the police, OTS Road Supervisor or Central Control.

NOTE: SERVICE ALL BUS STOPS ALONG YOUR DETOUR ROUTE.

(USE CAUTION WHEN SERVICING BUS STOPS IN THE CONTRA-FLOW LANE. WAIT FOR

RIDERS TO WALK ACROSS THE CONED AREA).

DETOURS

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2011

Route 1, Kaimuki-Kalihi

Eastbound:

No detour.

Westbound:

Regular route to the Lunalilo Home Road/Hawaii Kai Drive (Kamiloiki
Community

Park) intersection. DETOUR into the makai-bound "CONTRA-FLOW' lane, resuming

regular route after crossing the Lunalilo Home Road/Kaumakani (makai-end)

intersection.

Route 23, Hawaii Kai-Sea Life Park

Eastbound:

Regular route to service the appropriate Hawaii Kai Park and Ride bus stop.
EXIT

the Park and Ride Facility to DETOUR right Keahole, left Kalanianaole
Highway, left

Lunalilo Home Road, resuming regular route after passing the Lunalilo Home

RoadlWailua Street intersection.

Westbound:

Regular route to the Hawaii Kai Drive/Lunalilo Home Road intersection.
DETOUR

left into the "CONTRA-FLOW" westbound coned lane, continuing on Lunalilo

Road past the Wailua Street intersection, right Kalanianaole Highway, right
Keahole,

left into the Hawaii Kai Park and Ride Facility to service the appropriate
bus stop.

Exit the Park and Ride, right Keahole, right Kalanianaole Highway, resuming
regular

route.

Route 231, Hahaione Valley-Koko Marina

Eastbound to Koko Marina and the Park and Ride Facility: From the Hawaii Kai
Park and Ride bus

stop, exit the Park and Ride Facility and DETOUR right Keahole, left
Kalanianaole

Highway, left Lunalilo Home Road, right at the mauka end of Kaumakani,
resuming

regular route via Kaumakani, right Lunalilo Home Road, right Anapalau, right

Hanamaulu, left Kaumakani, to the Kaumakani/Lunalilo Home Road intersection.

DETOUR left into the makai-bound contra-flow lane of Lunaliio Home Road,
right

Kalanianaole Highway, right Keahole, left into the Hawaii Kai Park and Ride
Facility

to the Route 231 bus stop.

Westbound to Hahaione Valley and the Park and Ride Facility: From the Hawaii
Kai Park and

Ride bus stop, exit to left Keahole, left Hawaii Kai Drive, right Pepeekeo,
left Ainapo

to Hahaione, right Hahaione, left Hawaii Kai Drive, right Keahole, right
into the

Hawaiii Kai Park and Ride Facility to the appropriate bus stop.

Operators are cautioned to expect delays. As always, remain alert at all
times and anticipate the

unexpected, especially while traveling through the detour area. If you are
questioned, please

exercise PATIENCE and POLITELY EXPLAIN that this is an annual event over
which we have no

control. If you encounter any problems, contact Central Control or the Road
Supervisor in the

area.

Planning and Marketing

Oahu Transit Services, Inc. PARATRANSiT SERVICES

Planning and Marketing Department ADM1NlS Tn AT! O~i

November 15, 2011

RE: WAIANAE COAST CHRISTMAS PARADE

The annual Waianae Coast Christmas Parade will commence at 10:00 a.m.,
Saturday,

November 26, 2011, along the following route:

>From the Waianae Small Boat Harbor Road, right Farrington Highway (all
eastbound

lanes) to Old Government Road intersection (7-Eleven Store). From this
point, the parade

will utilize all lanes of Farrington Highway between Old Government Road and
leihoku

Street, terminating in the Waianae Mall parking lot.

NOTE: Contra-flow eastbound and westbound lanes on Farrington Highway
between

Waianae Harbor and Old Government Road (7-Eleven Store) will be set up to
detour City

buses only, between Waianae McDonald's and Waianae 7-Eleven Store.

Operators on the following routes should detour as noted below at
approximately 9:45 A.M., or

when directed by the Police, OTS Central Control, or Road Supervisors.

NOTE: SERVICE ALL BUS STOPS ALONG YOUR DETOUR ROUTE

Route C. CountryExpress!

Route 40/40A. Honolulu-Makaha

Eastbound:

Regular route east along Farrington to Waianae Small Boat Harbor Road.

DETOUR by utilizing the contra-flow lane on Farrington Highway to Old

Government Road (7-Eleven Store). DETOUR left Old Government Road, right

Plantation, right Mill, left lualualei Homestead Road, right Moekahi, right
leihoku,

right to Waianae Transit Center. Exit right leihoku, left Farrington,
resuming

regular route.

Westbound:

Regular route west to Waianae Transit Center. Exit to DETOUR left leihoku,
left

Moekahi, left lualualei Homestead Road, right Mill, left Plantation, left
Old

Government Road (7-Eleven Store), right Farrington, resuming regular route
after

passing the Waianae Small Boat Harbor Road.

Route 401. Waianae Valley

Route 402. Lualualei Homestead Road

Because of the parade utilizing Farrington Highway in Waianae Town, trips to
Waianae Valley

and lualualei Homestead Valley will be combined into a single trip. From
Waianae Transit

Center to Waianae Valley and then to lualualei Homestead Valley: Exit the
Waianae Transit

Center, DETOUR left onto leihoku, left Moekahi, left lualualei Homestead
Road, right Mill, right

Waianae Valley Road, turn around at Haleahi, makai on Waianae Valley Road,
left Kaneaki,

right Kepauala, left Kaneilio, right Kapaekahi, left Kaneaki, left
Punanaula, right Kumaipo, right

Kepauala, left Kaneaki, left Waianae Valley Road, right Plantation Drive,
left Mill, left lualualei

Homestead Road, veer left onto Halona, left Puhawai, right Puuhulu, right
Kuwale, right

lualualei Homestead Road, right Puhawai, left Halona, right lualualei
Homestead Road, left

Moekahi, right leihoku, right Waianae Transit Center to the Route 403 bus
stop.

Route 403, Nanakuli-Maili-Waianae Transit Center

Waianae Transit Center to Maili and Nanakuli: From the Waianae Transit
Center, right leihoku,

left Farrington, resuming regular eastbound route to Maili and Nanakuli.

Nanakuli and Maili to Waianae Transit Center: No detour to the Waianae
Transit Center.

As with all other detours, operators are cautioned to expect delays, remain
alert at all times, and

to anticipate the unexpected especially while traveling through this area.