[Nfb-hi] FW: Announcement notice of our next CFADAR quarterly meeting for Tuesday, Aug 14, 2018

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:16:12 UTC 2018

From: Abe, Gavan <GAbe at dhs.hawaii.gov>
Sent: Monday, August 6, 2018 12:53 PM
Subject: FW: Announcement notice of our next CFADAR quarterly meeting for Tuesday, Aug 14, 2018

Passing along info from CFADAR…

From: cfadarhonoluluhi at aol.com [mailto:cfadarhonoluluhi at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:12 PM
To: Abe, Gavan <GAbe at dhs.hawaii.gov>

Aloha,

The group Citizens for a Fair Americans with Disabilities Act Ride (CFADAR) is having their quarterly meeting with Oahu Transit Services (OTS)/ TheBus and Paratransit Services (TheHandi-van), the Honolulu City’s Department of Transportation Services (DTS), at the following:

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

9:45 A.M. to 11:45 A.M.

Hawaii State Capitol

3rd Floor Conference Room No. 309

415 South Beretania Street

Honolulu, HI 96814

For more information, please call 808-291-1740

This will be our 3rd quarterly meeting for this year, and we would greatly appreciate if you could attend, to be able to observe, and to find a common ground in trying to resolve some of the challenging ongoing issues that we as consumers have to endure on a daily basis with our City’s public transportation services.

Also, the following attachment contains a copy of our meeting agenda (included in the body of this email)  and Flyer notice for our upcoming meeting that you may wish to share with others in your network.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at our meeting!

Sincerely,

Donald Sakamoto

President CFADAR

 <mailto:cfadarhonoluluhi at aol.com> cfadarhonoluluhi at aol.com

808- 291-1740

Agenda for CFADAR Quarterly Meeting

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

9:45 A.M. – 11:45 A.M.

Hawaii State Capitol

3rd Floor Conference Room No. 309

415 South Beretania Street

Honolulu, Hawaii 96814

I.     Call to order 9:45 A.M.

*        9:47 A.M. SHORT Invocation: By President Donald Sakamoto

II.   10:00 A.M.  OLD BUSINESS

Approval of meeting minutes of May 22, 2018

III. 10:04 A.M. Reports (limited to 5 minutes- Please)

a.   10:05 A.M. CFADAR Donald Sakamoto, President or other representative – Additional Info, News, etc.

b.   10:10 A.M. City’s Department Transportation Services (DTS): Other representative – Additional Info, News, etc.

*        Fare increase follow-up

*        Human service transportation coordination plan update

*        FY18 agency trips RFP

*         Bill 68 2017 relating to special transit service

*        City’s latest attempts regarding with OTS phone upgrades

*        Fleet Procurements

*        FTA and other audits

c.   10:15 A.M. Oahu Transit Services (OTS) The Bus: Roger Morton, President and General Manager other representative – Additional Info, News, etc.

Bill 99 2017 relating to prohibiting lying down at designated bus stops

*        2018 Windward TheBus Route Redesign Survey

*        Holo smart card follow-up

d.   10:20 A.M. Paratransit / The Handi-Van: Charlotte Townsend, Vice President – Additional Info, News, etc.

*        Enforcement of existing two small bag/luggage policy rules

*        On - time performance

*        Update with the Driver Mate Program

*        Update relating to the Trapeze software, the unscheduled rides per day, etc.

IV. 10:30 A.M. New Business/Current Concerns Testifiers: PLEASE keep your testimony AT or LESS than 3 minutes for the courtesy of the MANY others that want to do the same. Please stick to FACTS on your personal experiences, with Date, Time, bus, Van Number and emphasizing issue. Please do NOT make false accusations, claims, or statements as we have had previously. Please note that once the timer says done, come to a close. Everyone here KNOWS the start and end time of the meeting, and we MUST work within that time frame. As much as we all need to respect each other, please show respect and restraint in staying ON FACT and ISSUES. If you are planning to testify, please sign your name on our sign-up sheets. Thank You in advance for your considerations.

10:35 A.M. Testifier #1       (Up to 2 Minute Response)

10:40 A.M. Testifier #2       (Up to 2 Minute Response)

10:45 A.M. Testifier #3       (Up to 2 Minute Response)

10:50 A.M. Testifier #4       (Up to 2 Minute Response)

10:55 A.M. Testifier #5       (Up to 2 Minute Response)

11:00 A.M. Testifier #6       (Up to 2 Minute Response)

11:05 A.M. Testifier #7       (Up to 2 Minute Response)

11:10 A.M. Testifier #8       (Up to 2 Minute Response)

11:15 A.M. Testifier #9       (Up to 2 Minute Response)

11:20 A.M. Testifier #10     (Up to 2 Minute Response)

11:25 A.M. Testifier #11     (Up to 2 Minute Response)

11:30 A.M. Announcements and acknowledgements

11:45 A.M. Adjournment

Next CFADAR meeting will be scheduled:

November 13, 2018

9:45 A.M to 11:45 A.M.

Hawaii State Capitol

3rd Floor Conference Room No. 309

415 South Beretania Street

Honolulu, HI 96814

****Note: Agenda subject to change****

NOTICE: This information and attachments are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be punishable under state and federal law. If you have received this communication and/or attachments in error, please notify the sender via email immediately and destroy all electronic and paper copies.