[Nfb-hi] Kapana!i

Melissa Gerber 247mjgerber at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 04:16:13 UTC 2019

Hi All,
There are a few community service opportunities coming up. The first is our monthly service in Haleiwa with Church on the Park. We work to assemble hygiene bags that include 7 personal items that those who receive the bags greatly appreciate. The event will be this Sunday 8:30am-10:30am at Haleiwa Beach Park

The second is the possible volunteering we could do with the 2019 Honolulu Art Biennial. Founding Partner Katherine Tuider spoke at last year’s NFBH Convention. This year many of the art exhibits will feature hands on textile displays, due to the encounter Katherine had with our very own little Eliana . They will need Docents and Exhibit Attendants. The training begins in February and the Biennial begins in March. I will give more details as I get them. Please let me know if you are interested. I am super excited for the NFB to have an opportunity to be part of this event.

They do have a website. You can find general volunteer information. Go to the link below:

https://www.honolulubiennial.org/

Always working towards making a positive impact in our communities!

Kapana’i
Melissa Gerber
808-227-4271