[Nfb-history] Edison Cylinder phonograph for sale

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 19 20:07:17 UTC 2008

Hello List:

     I have an Edison Cylinder phonograph for sale in as-is condition. This is the kind with the "morning glory horn". I am missing the small piece of rubber tubing that connects the horn to the machine. The spring motor works, but the shaft that rotates the cylinder is frozen. I am reasonably certain that this machine can be put back into working order by someone who knows about this kind of equipment. It did run well, but has been several years in storage. I understand that one of the ideas Edison had for his invention was that books could be read to the blind. If interested, please let me know.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss
230 Peach Tree Drive
West Monroe, Louisiana 71291-8653