[Nfb-history] Accessible Video Stream Recorders and VBrick

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 23 03:58:59 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

    I'd be curious to hear about any applications capable of recording video
streams from the Internet that are usable by a blind person preferably free
ones. The ones I've played with require you to mark off an area on your
computer screen to display the video prior to recording the stream.

    Just as stand-alone digital-audio recorders can record audio similar
devices and appliances exist to permit one to generate and record live video
and save it for later playback.One such appliance I'm aware of  is the
system marketed by VBrick Systems. This is a stand-alone device that can
capture live video via a camera and stream it to the Web. A VBrick appliance
was used to stream the video of last year's national convention. Does anyone
have information about this device and is it usable by a blind person?You
can learn more bout VBrick and its products by visiting:
http://www.vbrick.com

If anyone knows of streaming video recording software and stand-alone
appliances that allows one to record live
Internet video streams that are usable by a blind person I'll appreciate
that
very much. All the best for a safe and fun holiday weekend.

Peter Donahue

"Given a chance to dream it can be done.
The promise of tomorrow is real.
Children of Spaceship Earth the future belongs to us all."
Flying for Me,
John Denver