[Nfb-history] Recordings at 2010 Convention

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 13 05:38:14 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

        So far for the 2010 convention I have been tapped to record the
National Association of Blind Students Meeting on Sunday Evening, the NFB
Writers' Division Annual Meeting on Monday Afternoon and have a few other
projects pending. Again this year our Affiliate Action Department asked me
to record the 2010 Back-to-Basics Membership Recruitment and Chapter
Building Seminar. It was a really fun project to do last ear. This year's
BBB Seminar will be much better, bigger and more exciting!

    Not afraid to look trouble in the eye I've been asked to take on an
assignment that to the best of my knowledge no one else volunteered to do.
For the first time we will be recording the annual Seminar for Spanish
Speakers. When completed and made available via our Web site and/or the
Independence Market this will be a great resource for reaching blind
Hispanics with the message of the NFB. This is my schedule thus far.

    As for the Web site Mike and I have discussed a number of issues and
concerns and are still working them out. We'll have more to say about that
during the meeting. Given all of the new resources coming available having
held off putting up the Web site is probably a blessing in disguise as
building it will be far easier now than it would have been in the past. It's
still going to happen. See you all in Dallas.

Peter Donahue

"Will you come and awake our lost land from its slumber
      And her fetters we'll break, links that long are encumbered.
      And the air will resound with hosannas to greet you
      On the shore will be found gallant Irishmen to greet you."
Will You Come to the Bower
Traditional Irish Folk Song