[Nfb-history] Convention Sound Systems

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Jul 15 15:55:50 UTC 2011

Hello Tina and everyone,

    The NFB of Texas sound system is quite large and could provide great
sound in a large room such as those Panzicola Rooms in Orlando. They have
two large Peevee Speakers that are mounted on stands and connect to the
mixing board via an XLR connector. It would be possible to transport it from
Austin to Dallas but I'm not sure about Orlando. It would probably have to
be driven there and I don't believe anyone is up to making that drive.
Perhaps we could work with the NFB of Florida where providing in-room sound
at future Orlando Conventions is concerned. If the Rosen Shingle Creek had
many meeting rooms without sound systems the Rosen Center probably has its
share too. All the best.

Peter Donahue