[Nfb-history] Interesting book

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 15 03:03:08 UTC 2011

Hello Colleagues:

     I am in the process of reading the following book:
Author:        Fries, Emil B., 1901-
Title:         But you can feel it: a
                  statement of my mother when I returned empty handed saying,
                  "I can't see it" / by Emil B. Fries.
Published:     Washington, D.C. : National Library Service for
                  the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress,
                  2008. (Potomac Talking Book Services, recording studio).

This book is also available in braille. It is quite an interesting story about how Emil Fries grew up, attended WSSB and set up the school for training piano technicians. The book mentions lots of historical figures.

Regards,

Robert