[Nfb-history] Convention Recordings

Michael Freholm mfreholm at unbridledaccess.com
Mon Jun 27 17:33:22 UTC 2011

Kenneth,
You sent those tapes to me.  I've done a little research on the subject
to refresh my memory and found the original thread that led to you
sending me the tapes.  There was an interest in hearing the 1978 Banquet
address by Ralph Sanders.  You stated you had a record of it and told
anyone who wanted it to contact you.  You then posted the following:
"Hi Ryan, I just put my 12 inch record on to a cassette tape, and I will
send it to Michael Freholm either tomorrow or Monday.
The second side of that record is where Kenneth Jernigan addressed The
Brotherhood of Teamsters on August 15, 1978.
I used a small Cassette Recorder, and a Talkingbook Record player.
I also recorded Why I am a Federationist and Disability and Visibility
By Kenneth Jernigan.
I believe both speeches were done in 1974.
Ken Chrane "
I made a digital recording of the Banquet Address and the speech to the
Teamsters and, if memory serves, I sent a copy to RyanO.  My main
interst was of the Banquet speech.  I just wanted to hear it and so did
others but the National Office is in no way interested in putting this
on the website and, thus, we will not be putting this up on a Living
History website.  And even if we were, the sound quality is not very
good.  I made a digital recording of a tape recording of a 12 inch
record.  The recordings are not of the quality to be put up on the
national website.  As for the other two Jernigan speeches, the quality
wasn't good enough.  Perhaps the national office could do a better job
in making a digital copy than I.
I still have the tapes you sent me Ken and will bring them to Orlando
and return them to you. if you are going to be there.  I apologize for
any misunderstanding concerning the final destination of these
recordings.  I was interested in possibly putting them up on the living
history website once it's up and running but do not recall saying I
would get them put up on the national website.  My apologizes again for
any misunderstanding.
Best, Michael