[Nfb-history] Monitors online

Morman, Ed EMorman at nfb.org
Wed Apr 11 19:11:45 UTC 2012

Greetings NFB historians!

I'm pleased to let you know that we're finally moving on getting clean, properly formatted, files of the Monitor on NFB.org.  The scanning was done many moons ago, at the Internet Archive, but we've been slow to put on the finishing touches.  Take a look.

You'll see that we're almost done with the entire run (1961-1964) of the Blind American (and if you don't know what the Blind American was, you'd better ask!), and all issues of Braille Monitor through some time in 1965 are now posted.

It'll be tight, but we're hoping to have it all up by the national convention

Cordially,

Ed Morman

Edward T. Morman, MSLS, PhD

Director, Jacobus tenBroek Library

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND JERNIGAN INSTITUTE

200 East Wells Street

   at Jernigan Place

Baltimore MD 21230

410.659.9314 x2225

410.685.2340 (fax)

The tenBroek Library is the only library on blindness that is owned and controlled by the blind themselves.  Check out our archival database, THE CANE TIP (www.nfb.org/thecanetip<http://www.nfb.org/thecanetip>) and our online public access catalog, THE BLIND CAT  (www.nfb.org/theblindcat<http://www.nfb.org/theblindcat>).  Both are fully accessible.