[Nfb-history] Project Ideas

Morman, Ed EMorman at nfb.org
Thu Feb 23 19:40:08 UTC 2012

Dear Colleen and other list members--

Thanks for your suggestion about speeches given at state conventions.  As it happens, we are beginning to seriously collect audio material from state conventions.  Enough has been coming in lately that we now face the task figuring out how to store it and make it available.  Stay tuned, because I expect things to develop quickly over the next couple of years.

Meanwhile, I hope everyone on the list is aware that we recently made available on our website the talk Kenneth Jernigan prepared for those occasions when he could not make it to a state local event.  Here is the version of "Why I am a Federationist" that he sent to the newly reorganized Vermont affiliate when he was unable to attend their state convention: http://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/Audio/Misc_2011/Why_I_Am_A_Federationist.mp3

Enjoy!

Cordially,

Ed Morman

Edward T. Morman, MSLS, PhD

Director, Jacobus tenBroek Library

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND JERNIGAN INSTITUTE

200 East Wells Street

   at Jernigan Place

Baltimore MD 21230

410.659.9314 x2225

410.685.2340 (fax)

The tenBroek Library is the only library on blindness that is owned and controlled by the blind themselves.  Check out our archival database, THE CANE TIP (www.nfb.org/thecanetip) and our online public access catalog, THE BLIND CAT  (www.nfb.org/theblindcat).  Both are fully accessible.