[Nfb-history] Digitizing More Literature

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 16 08:40:19 UTC 2013

Hello:

     I am copying Anna Kresmer on this note in case she has any comments. It
is always good to have more of our literature and recordings digitized. If
our literature was generated with a computer, and the files still exist on
some sort of computer readable media, then there is a good chance it can be
converted to a modern format without much problem. Of course scanning paper
has the usual problems we all know about. As for digitizing analog
recordings, the late Dr. Snider digitized enough recordings to fill six
thousand CDs which are at the Jernigan Institute.

     As for staffing, perhaps another way to do this would be to find
volunteers to stay at the center for two weeks and scan documents etc.

Merry Christmas,

Robert