[Nfb-history] Selma Alabama- how Does the Civil Rights movement affect the blind?

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 19:31:19 UTC 2015

Dear Members,

Since this weekend marks the fiftieth anniversary of Bloody
Sonday, I'd like to discuss how the Civil Rights Movement has
affected the visually impaired population in America and around
the world.  Many individuals have fought so that we can have
rights to basic things such as education and the right to vote.
The Voting Rights Act of nineteen sixty-five changed the history
and landscape of our country.  I'd like to hear your thoughts on
this subject.