[Nfb-history] Webinar Series: The History Of Disabilities

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:46:13 UTC 2018

Hi, everybody.

This series might or might not include much of specific importance to
the organized blind movement.  But I will be watching its archives in
order to learn a lot more about what has formed the landscape of
American disabilities policy.  I'm doing this largely so I can broaden
my knowledge to be more relevant as I market my financial planning
practice to families which live with all manner of special needs.
Presenting this as a point of interest.
https://syracuseuniversity.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a32gJsrSbnB4TA1

Parts in the series already archived are "The Tangled Roots Of
Disability Policy," "World War I And Rehabilitation," and "Mid-20th
Century Ferment in Disability Rights."

Part 4, which runs live on Thursday, February 22, is "Civil Rights To
Disability Rights."  This will cover the 1960s and beyond.

FYI.

-Kane