[NFB-History] Blind History Lady book on BARD

chongpeggy10 at gmail.com chongpeggy10 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:09:00 UTC 2022

Hello Federation Finally, my book, Don Mahoney; Television Star is available
on BARD!

Many of you have been asking when it will be available on BARD.  Believe me,
I too have been waiting.

Here is one of the easy ways to find my book.

After you log into BARD, from the main page, in the "search the collection"
box, type, "chong" and tab to the go button. I did a search for "peggy", and
I was the first book to come up.  The listing appears as follows.

Don Mahoney: television star DBC13188

Chong, Peggy Reading time: 2 hours, 33 minutes.

Louise Lederhos A production of Colorado Talking Book Library.

Biography of Persons with Disabilities

Stage and Screen

Biography

Don Mahoney told the truth to the studios in Hollywood, and it almost cost
him his dignity. Don packed up his dreams, headed back to Texas, and
re-invented himself, becoming the biggest Kiddie TV show host in the state.
For ten years, the television stations had no idea their star was blind.
Read how he kept his disability a secret and why.

I hope those of you eligible and signed up for BARD enjoy this version.