[NFB-History] Names and dates

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 02:41:01 UTC 2023

Hi everyaone,
It's been a pretty quiet list, although I've really appreciated the occasional emails sent by Robert, as well as the monthly biographies from the Blind History Lady.
There are lots of elements to history and lots of sub-interests, and I've always been big on learning names and dates. When I was much younger, I would read biographies of presidents, but rather than being interested in their political careers, I was always most fascinated by the names of their wives, children, and other family members and how long they lived, and the family dynamics between them. I love a good old list of names, dates and relationships even now. Is anyone else similar? I'm just curious. I've found some traditional history classes to be dry and bland but enjoy doing my own reading about people that interest me.