[Nfb-idaho] free list of 101 run commands

Bill Morgan billmorgan124 at cableone.net
Sat Nov 13 00:06:37 UTC 2010

Hello listers.
A friend that is a blind tec sent me this list of 101 "run commands."
I have never heard of them, and am not sure what they do but thought they may be helpful.
So I will copy his message in to this one, and you can go through as time allows and see what they can do for you.

Also you can hire Reginal George. He works as a tec guy for Freedom Scientific from home six hours a day. Plus he free lances and hires himself to people that are blind or low vission to help them with there computer issues.

I use Reg a lot. So here is contact info

email at, adapt at kc.rr.com

Reg will contact and explain his fee. I have found him very fair.

101 useful Run Commands

Do you use the Run feature in WINDOWS XP? For most, this feature remains unused (or rarely used). Why is that? Well, First off nearly all of the Run

Commands Correspond to a particular Control Panel Item or a Utility, Tool or Task that can be accessed through W*NDOW$. There are, however, tools and utilities

that I bet you never knew you had that can be accessed through the Run feature. The main reason most people don't use the Run feature is because they don't

know the Commands. So, to solve that problem, I decided to put together the following listing, which lists 101 Run Commands and what they correspond too.

To access Run Command ; (Taskbar) Start, Run

Accessibility Controls

access.cpl

Add Hardware Wizard

hdwwiz.cpl

Add/Remove Programs

appwiz.cpl

Administrative Tools

control.exe admintools

Automatic Updates

wuaucpl.cpl

Bluetooth Transfer Wizard

fsquirt

Calculator

calc

Certificate Manager

certmgr.msc

Character Map

charmap

Check Disk Utility

chkdsk

Clipboard Viewer

clipbrd

Command Prompt

cmd

Component Services

dcomcnfg

Computer Management

compmgmt.msc

Date and Time Properties

timedate.cpl

DDE Shares

ddeshare

Device Manager

devmgmt.msc

Direct X Control Panel (if installed)*

directx.cpl

Direct X Troubleshooter

dxdiag

Disk Cleanup Utility

cleanmgr

Disk Defragment

dfrg.msc

Disk Management

diskmgmt.msc

Disk Partition Manager

diskpart

Display Properties

control.exe desktop

Display Properties

desk.cpl

Display Properties (w/Appearance Tab Preselected)

control.exe color

Dr. Watson System Troubleshooting Utility

drwtsn32

Driver Verifier Utility

verifier

Event Viewer