[Nfb-idaho] Great News !!!!

Elsie Lamp elsielamp at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 07:48:15 UTC 2011

Our organization has just had a great success!!!!!!!! We have been working on an issue for over a year that was again discussed at our Legislative Dinner on February 21, 2011.  The issue was the huge waste of rehab dollars to the tune on 3.3 Million since Dec. of 2009 that was sent back to Washington DC RSA for redistribution to other states by non other than Michael Graham.  As of this Morning. Michael stepped down!!!  He resigned his position as the Administrator of the Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation!!!!!!!!!!
Great work everyone.  Of course we did not do it single handedly.  The Administrator and Staff of the Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired were a great help as well!!!

We were just told that Michael was starting an affiliate of the American Council of the Blind in Idaho.  I wonder if it is a paid position.
What we have not learned, is if he has also resigned his appointment to the board of the Idaho Educational Services for the Deaf and Blind.  We still are unsure as to who made that appointment.  The provision for the board with it’s “Blind Consumer” stipulation was as we believe to be appointed by the Governor’s office, but they deny the dastardly deed and say it was the State Board of Educations Fault.

There is still no word on the redistribution of the federal funds, and what percentage of the split the ICBVI will be receiving.
Elsie Dickerson
Elsie H. Dickerson - President
National Federation of the Blind of Idaho
211 North 70 East
Malad City, ID 83252
208-241-6030 Mobile
elsiedickerson at ymail.com
Elsie Hiebert Dickerson
“ Air is to the Body as Understanding is to the Heart.” Stephen R. Covey

“I may have lost my eyesight, but I have not lost my Vision.” J. C. Penney