[Nfb-idaho] ready to ride tomorrow!

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Fri May 18 21:19:40 UTC 2012

Well, Mary just left here with most of the ham radio operators' supplies.  I
think Vel is totally organized with the prizes.  Harry and Darrel are out
putting up signs for the two long routes, and Ray Halverson and Hugh are
putting signs for the ten-mile route.  Brenda just left with what she needs
for registration from here, but hse has a lot of stuff at home already.
There is a crew scheduled to put up the big tent at 6:00 pm.  The weather is
supposed to be beautiful tomorrow.  Mary still has too much to do, but she
always gets it done.  So we will see all riders and volunteers bright and
early tomorrow morning.  And we will miss the rest of you if we have time to
think about it.  I bet Russell Smith and his captain are on their way down
from Post Falls, and Sandy Streeter is coming over with her daughter from
Black Foot.  I know we have riders from Twin Falls and Ketchum area.  Nampa
and Caldwell will be well represented.  There is a team of 8 or 9 from Emitt
which includes Al Schneider and Gus Tropea. Many of the Treasure Valley
Chapter members are on the Double Dudes team.  I think there will be more
tandems on the 25-mile route than ever before and several on the ten-mile
route.  I think all I have to do now is answer the phone and load my van.
We'll let you know how it all goes.

Ramona