[Nfb-idaho] bike ride

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Wed May 22 02:10:22 UTC 2013

Hi, Bill.  I thought of you, too.  I knew if you could, you would ride.

I can't tell you much more than you already know.  Lunch was the same,
hamburgers and hot dogs.  Ham radio operators and blind people worked the
water stops together.  The socks are many colors, and I think there are
still some left for five dollars each.  I expect to see Mary tomorrow or
Thursday to find out for sure.  We still have a few goody bags.  We had many
of the same sponsors and one new one, Jiffy Loob. Sponsors from last year
should still be listed on our Web Site tvcblindidaho.org, and we should soon
have the list updated.   And we had discounts on Jiffy Loob certain
locations in our goody bags.

Lisa coordinated tandems again this year and does a terific job.  Mary
Symms-Pollot was the event Director.  Earl Hoover is learning a lot and will
take more responsibility next year.  Brenda did her usual excellent job with
registration.  Pre-registration was through Active.com.  Dave Hirai, a Lion
coordinated check-in after the ride.  The Boise Capital Lions, my club,
prepared the lunch. Laine Amoureux created a Facebook page and put
information up on a lot of Web Sites.   Mary recruited some of her friends
as volunteers.  We never have too many.

Riverglen had another event going simultaneously with our bike ride, so the
parking lot was very crowded, and we could have used more volunteers to
direct traffic.  Andrew Koba played and sang, and James Brown was the D. J.
and played recorded music.  Ken Bass started the riders on all three rides.
You don't want me to go on all day, but there is some of it.  We had a total
of about sixty volunteers besides the riders.  It is just the nicest crowd I
have ever worked with.

We missed you.
 Ramona