[Nfb-idaho] find something in my Braille Lite M-20.

Laine Amoureux laine.amoureux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 01:36:25 UTC 2014

Judy has it right
. Chord F (dots 1-2-4), to indicate you want to find a specific string of
text.  BLT says "Enter text to find."
. Enter the text you are looking for. Enter enough characters (63 maximum)
to  have a fair chance of finding the text. Entering too much text increases
the  possibility of making an error. The backspace command (Chord B) is
valid in  Find.
. Chord F (dots 1-2-4), BLT says "enter search options." Enter one or  more
of the following letters.
. A search all files
. R search RAM file
. F search FLASH files
. Z search RAM and FLASH files
. search files in current folder
. B search Braille files (files with no extension or extension of brf, brl,
bfm, or br*)
. D search Duxbury or Megadots files
. T search Text files (files with txt or non-braille file extension)
. S search small files less than 2 pages in length
. M search medium size files, 3-10 pages in length
. L search large files, greater than 10 pages in length
. C perform a case sensitive search
. Q quiet search, no file names announced
. Dots 4-6 search currently open file
. Dots 3-4-5-6 place file names in which search string was found in the
clipboard
The following defaults are in effect-Search all RAM files both text and
braille regardless of folder and not case sensitive.
Complete the command with a Chord E (dots 1-5). (note: if you do not enter
any letters, the defaults are used)
The cursor moves to the first character of the found text string, BLT says
"C, O, S, or Z" where
. C = continue find
. = stop search and open file
. S = skip the current file and continue search in next file
. Z = abort search
. Chord C = speak found text in context or use Advance bar to read silently
with braille display.
. Chord dots 1-5-6 = hear file name where text was found