[Nfb-idaho] Cycle for Independence 2015

Mike Gibson mike.gibson71 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 14:38:48 UTC 2015

An A1 event again. I heard only positive things from the riders while out on
the route despite less than ideal conditions. It wasn't as bad as 2010 but
still challenging weather. The wind was definitely a killer. I'm glad I had
a day to recover before going back to work.

I want to personally thank everyone who work so hard to make this event
happen. The riding is just the tiny portion. It's all of you guys who man
the tables, water stop, etc that make it go.

For 16 years the ride has taken place, which in and of itself is quite an
accomplishment. Those first 2 years I chaired were lacvk luster at best. all
we had were a few chapter members, family, and friends participate. Back
then we had very little experience putting on a successful charity bike ride
event that one, would have an impact on the community, and two, would be a
successful fund raiser. In fact that first year the chapter lost money on
the event.  Thanks to the efferts of many people networking in the community
and many hands coming together over time it has grown and matured into what
we experienced this last weekened.

Job well done by everyone. Now on to 2016.

Mike