[NFB-Idaho] an exciting opportunity for our members and blind people around the state

president at nfbidaho.org president at nfbidaho.org
Mon Mar 23 20:25:02 UTC 2020

Last evening I participated in a discussion lead by President Riccobono
regarding using Zoom to do on-line meetings and events for members and other
interested blind people. Colorado affiliate is doing this now and I have
joined their call. In addition to conducting chapter meetings, we could do
activities such as discussing a Braille Monitor article for philosophy, have
a book discussion using a book written by a blind person, have speakers
outside our affiliate speak on topics which are suggested, have a social
time just to have community. The ideas are endless and as varied as we want
to make them. We can get a Zoom platform through our national office and I
have requested this. I would like to have feedback and ideas about topics or
activities that we could do. Many affiliates are reaching out to their state
agencies and have been able to have consumers notified of these activities.
I think this has great potential to build our community in a time when we
are all looking for community. You don't have to have a computer to use the
Zoom platform. It can be done on the phone. Please pass this information on
to others that aren't on this list.  Let me know your ideas.