[NFB-Idaho] Washington Seminar

President NFBIDAHO pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 19:36:14 UTC 2021

Our grate, exciting Washington seminar, where we get to talk to our senators
and house members about our issues, will be a virtual event this year, from
February 8-11. We will have four issues to present: The access Technology
Affordability Act, Home Use Medical Devices Accessible Now (HUMAN act),
Website Accessibility, and Accessible Voting. Factsheets should be available
today. I need to hear from people who wish to participate in this event.
Because it will be on Zoom, members, who are not speaking but want to know
more about this event, can join the Zoom. Members who wish to speak will be
required to attend mandatory training and the Grate Gathering In, which is
the kickoff event where we all get together as an organization, learn more
about our issues, hear speeches from our leaders and sometimes congress
persons, and generally get excited about our mission in the National
Federation of the Blind. If you are interested in speaking about one or more
of these proposals, please contact me.  You won't have to speak alone. We
usually have at least two people who speak on an issue. We will have
designated times for our Zoom meetings, so if you are working, you will need
to take off the time for the meeting, as well as the training time and time
for the grate gathering In. I know the Grate Gathering In will be from
3:00-5:00 our time on February 8. There will probably be a choice of
trainings you can attend. I need a member who is in representative Fulcher's
district to speak at his session, if at all possible. We have not had a
member from his district attend the seminar. I know congressional
representatives like to hear from their constituents. Let's get on board and
have a great Idaho representation for our Washington Seminar.