[NFB-Idaho] Washington Seminar

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:44:39 UTC 2021

This is  a good year to have a crowd involved in Washington seminar. The Great Gathering In meeting Monday evening (3:00 pm our time) is a very exciting meeting. It only happens once a year, and you are bound to find surprises. Appointments with Congress can be very significant. We cannot let the crazy stuff going on in the Capitol interfere with our work. Even though not every person who goes to each meeting will speak about an issue, each can be introduced and get a feel for the Congressmen's and Senator's reactions. Sometimes we may meet with staff, but some of them are also very interesting. If we have a large group on the screen, it tells them to take us seriously. If we do not, they make their own decisions. If we participate in this seminar, we are better prepared to follow up throughout the year. Reading the Fact Sheets is important preparation; but presenting the issues makes them ours personally. The more invested we are in this legislation, the better we can work with it throughout the year. I urge as many as possible to get involved. Dana will coordinate, but every member has something to offer. Please do not undervalue your picture in the meetings. Every constituent matters to each member of Congress. If you will be there only by landline phone, the zoom stoderator can put your name up by your number and maybe your city, as well.

Let's make this Washington seminar count!