[NFB-Idaho] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] The Passing of Scott Labarre

streeter.sandy at gmail.com streeter.sandy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 23:17:13 UTC 2022

From: Deneice Hopper <grannydee214 at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2022 4:56 AM
To: Sandy Streeter <streeter.sandy at gmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] The Passing of Scott Labarre

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "President, National Federation of the Blind via NFBNet-Members-List" <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: December 11, 2022 at 1:25:34 AM EST
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org

Dear Federation Family,

It has been a difficult year of loss for the circle of friendship we share in our movement. I regret to share that that loss is being felt exponentially this evening as we have learned that Scott Labarre has passed away surrounded by his family. The outpouring of love from the Federation family was deeply felt by Scott but his challenging medical condition could not be overcome. More details about services for this extraordinary individual and information about how we can support his wife Anahit and children Alex and Carter will be coming soon.

If you are like me, you are feeling a devastating sense of loss combined with an overwhelming gratitude for what this man did for the blind of this century. From arguing in the courts on behalf of blind people who were discriminated against, to securing an international agreement permitting the sharing of accessible books, to the close personal mentorship he freely gave to hundreds of individuals, his impact will continue to ripple across the world.

Please continue to send your prayers and positive thoughts to the Labarre family.

With love,

Mark A. Riccobono, President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314 | Officeofthepresident at nfb.org

Twitter: @Riccobono

Pronouns: he, him, his

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation�s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.