[NFB-Idaho] Its here

Kevin Pirnie kpirnie77 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 01:49:20 UTC 2023

Hey Friends,

It is that time once again to get up to date with all of the videos that
you may have missed over the past couple weeks on our Idaho's Blind Youtube
channel.

As Ramona shared a couple days ago your videos are becoming more popular
every day and they are hungry for more.

We are now teaching people about blindness in way that we have never been
able to do before. More people are visiting our NFB Idaho website and
joining our Facebook group page regularly. It is all because of you as it
is you that they are interested in seeing.

Remember, when it comes down to it, people connect with people not
organizations. People are connecting with you through your videos every
day. Keep up the great work!

1. Beautiful Nigerian Prayer and Pictorial Tribute for Bose Pirnie
https://youtu.be/gIj42yneqRw

2. Coach Daniel Teaches Important Skills at Go Ball Practice
https://youtu.be/5SQSsbk23VY

3. Yiska Exits City Bus with Rocket
https://youtube.com/shorts/oAhnPadF8aU?feature=share

4. Techniques for Personalizing Training of a Guide Dog for a Specific
Blind Person
https://youtu.be/htdKcYgtwCw

5. Why Would a Blind Person Have a Car?
https://youtu.be/kQSiwP0o4_s

6. Dana Ard Teaching Mason From Kuna Braille Contractions  Using the
Braille Writer
https://youtu.be/XL0MMekEobA

7. The 2023 Idaho NFB BELL Camp Partners the the AWESOME Organization of
McCall
https://youtu.be/JBr5ahr1LMo

8. Blind Teen Emilia Palding Shows Off Her DYI Solar Oven
https://youtu.be/C870y5Czbs8

9. What Do I Do When I Meet a Blind Person with a Guide Dog?
https://youtube.com/shorts/Exv81pOvf4w?feature=share

10. Join Us for the 2023 Blindness Awareness Banquet on September 29th, 2023
https://youtu.be/l2KCpZukadQ

11. Oh No, Blind Kids in Cold Mountain Lake Test Driving Their Cardboard
and Duct Tape Boats
https://youtu.be/_gnuc3IFZwI

12. How Do Independent Blind Kids Utilize Their White Canes When Camping?
https://youtu.be/82fJRZ9T3uY

13. Alynn Explains Why Her Parents Moved Almost 8,000 Miles to Idaho
Because She is Blind
https://youtu.be/UIfsTBdm3-A

14. Discover a Secret to Learning Braille and Reading it Fast at Any Age
https://youtu.be/g8VjFfbveZk

15. How Does a Guide Dog for the Blind Know Where to Go and What to Do?
https://youtube.com/shorts/y6X2FE9-sic?feature=share

16. Lovely Blind Teen Alynn Reveals Her College Major and Career Path to
Become an Accountant
https://youtu.be/LUD9EohSGi8

17. NFB Idaho President Dana Ard Reveals What Impacted Her Most at the 2023
National Convention
https://youtu.be/dLesLEI-o-I

Please subscribe to the Idaho's Blind Youtube channel to continue receiving
notifications of newly released videos. This may be the last update I send
out on list serve listing the most recent videos.
https://nfbidaho.org/subscribe

The world wants to get to know you and they are eager to learn about how
blind people do what we do.

Yes, that means they want to see you on video! Don't be afraid to ask one
of us or a sighted friend to help you make some videos. It is not as
difficult as it may first seem. In fact they can be quite simple and ho hum
to us, but the people out there may think it is awesome.

Yiska getting on a city bus with his guide dog Rocket has now received over
9,500 views and it is less than a minute long. I know you can make a video
at least as exciting as that.

Your phone can take great videos out of the box. It also has some good
editing options as well but the video editors are not very accessible yet,
so you may ask someone who is sighted to help with the editing if it is
even needed. Many videos Don't need any editing at all.

Here are some inexpensive tools that can help you make even better videos
if you are interested.

This is a high quality low cost lavalier wireless microphone set for
iPhones. It comes with two microphones that can be used at the same time
and a nice charging case that keeps everything together. Range is up to 70
feet.
https://amzn.to/3qGe2gP

Here is an excellent solid carbon phone tripod with a remote that is light
weight and collapses about the size of a folding cane. You also get a nice
bag carrying case with strap. You can use it as a short tripod or up to 62
inches. Also, you can use the included remote to take pictures or activate
video recording without touching your phone.
https://amzn.to/44r9mcf

Happy September to you and we look forward to seeing you on the 29th for
our amazing Blindness Awareness Banquet in Idaho Falls.

Best,
Kevin