[Nfb-krafters-korner] Christmas crafts - Clove covered orange

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Sat Dec 6 05:13:37 UTC 2008

Okay, the fruit will not rot, I promise you.  We used apples more than
oranges.  We covered the entire piece of fruit, but we did not cover it in
cloth.  We took either wide ribbon or the ribbon used to wrap packages with
and wrap it all the way around and then turn and wrap around the fruit just
like you would be putting ribbons on a package.  You can then just pin the
ribbon in place.  The whole dried cloves actually pickle the fruit and it
will dry out as well.  It will keep it's shape and will last quite a long
time.  I still have a few that I made almost 5 years ago.

Susan Roe
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net