[Nfb-krafters-korner] bead class and other information

Laurie Porter freespirit1 at tds.net
Wed Dec 10 22:04:20 UTC 2008

Howdie Folks:

I apologize for not being able to get in touch about the beading classes. I've been having some serious computer and internet issues that has left me with only being able to access the internet with a working wireless signal on a public wireless system  outside my home and we had to dig out from about 9 inches of snow this week.

anyway, I'm back now and I want to get some feedack about the beaded snowflakes class. Joyce and I discussed moving the class to Wednesday, December 17,  at 6pm central.  That works for me as far as dates go. I just want to know if there will be enough time for people to get the supplies for the class. This class introduces you to bead netting and it will definitely provide new beaders with a challenge. This class requires seed beads, thread, needles and either ear wires for earrings or hooks for ornaments. I use the same ornament hooks you can buy in any store. The beads should be a color that is consistent with what a pretty snowflake would look like. White, cream, silver, gold frosty white or an irridescent light color are good choices.  However, I have made some of these ornaments to sell and I have used Christmas colors like red and green for a few of them. The world is your oyster, and oh yes, pearl color  would be nice too.

There will be no kits available for the classs, because of a technical difficulty with orderig the wrong beads. I misread the ordering instructions and ordered the wrong beads for the class and am in the process of getting them exchanged but I am at the mercy of theover burdoned postal system and cannot garentee they would be available in enough time for the chosen date of the class. If you are interested in the class please email me to sign up.

Here is what I need:

Your name, your email address,  a phone number where you can be reached if there is a last minute difficulty. If students want to move the date further closer to Christmas so they can order supplies, I will consider it.