[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille book marks

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] powerst at dcpcepn.nci.nih.gov
Fri Dec 12 14:29:21 UTC 2008

Kristina and susan;
First of all, I was out yesterday, so did not get back with both of you
right away.  These are the ones I am making for National convention.  I
offered to make some with your craft or nfbkk.  I made Joyce one with
nfbkk.  I use exes for the braille dots and fill in the back ground and
use differend designs for the back.  Then I stitch the frunt and back
together.  If you did not already know, they are done with plastic
canvis.  I use rug yarn for my dots and regular yarn for the back
ground.  This way the dots stand out.
Kristina, when is your event?  It might be to soon for this year, but I
could maybe make some for 2010.  Any ideas what you might want them to
say.  As of now, I can do about eight or maybe nine letters, in braille.
I use grade one and leave out capital signs to save space.  This way
anyone can read the book mark.  I gave alphabet cards to sighted friends
who got one and they were intrigued.
You can write me directly if you want.
The ones I am making for National have;
Braille, reading or equality on them.  I even sold a few at state.  I
will be doing some with names, on special request.
Terry Powers
powerst at mail.nih.gov
By the way, I tried the dots with beads but they were to wobboly and I
was afraid the yarn might brake.