[Nfb-krafters-korner] Louis Braille and crafts FQ What new craftare you i...

Dan Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Mon Nov 24 03:05:43 UTC 2008

I thought caning was a blindman's trade? Can't imagine anyone saying
a blind person can't cane.

It was caning that gave us money to live when we first got married.
My husband, Dan, learned at Michgian School for the
Blind.  Prednizone has thinned his skin so badly now that he can't
touch the stuff without cutting himself.
HenriettaAt 07:37 PM 11/23/2008, you wrote:

>I would love to learn how to cane chairs and foot stools.  My Mom did  this
>after she retired, but after I went blind she said she did not think I  could
>do it.  Now at the age of 90 she has stopped with her caning.
>
>I had gone out and purchased a foot stool and the supplies to cane it, but
>it sits in my house.
>
>Maybe you can get that fellow to do a caning class here on the conference
>calling and I can learn from someone that is blind how to do it.  I have  the
>stuff to give it a try!
>
>Joyce
>**************One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks,
>and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com
>today!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212962939x1200825291/aol?redir=http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp
>%26icid=aolcom40vanity%26ncid=emlcntaolcom00000001)
>for Nfb-krafters-korner:
>http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/gary.brewer%40comcast.net
>

>--
>11/23/2008 10:59 AM