[Nfb-krafters-korner] soap making

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 02:20:29 UTC 2008

I also have a question about this soap.  You say you need to buy the
fragrance from brambleberry as some fragrances don't work well -- color or
whatever.  I have a whole box full of essential oils that I would love to
use in some soap.  In particular, I want to try making soap out of some
combinations that I discovered go very well together.  Is it really
necessary to buy the scent from brambleberry? I want to use up these scents
which I bought a long time ago.  I have a diffuser that I can put a couple
of drops into and it makes the room smell wonderful, but the oils won't be
used up for years if I use them only for air fresheners.
Any comments welcome.

Oh, I'll tell you one fragrance combo that I discovered goes very well in a
diffuser and maybe would also in soap: It is orange and jasmine.  I stuck a
few drops of orange essense and jasmine oil in the diffuser and it was
incredible how good it smelled.

Happy crafting.
--le