[Nfb-krafters-korner] soap making

Dan Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Mon Oct 27 02:43:35 UTC 2008

Hi Lee,
Now I am new at this so I am not an athority, but the list at
Brambleberry just says esentil oils.  They sell batanicals too. I
think from the soaps I have purchased that this is the way to
go.  But I bet your oils will work well.

I am anxious to try your combo.  Sounds yummy.  My orange and
lavendar is to suttle for me.  I usually keep these soaps in a drawer
for a while before I use them.  I am trying one in there now and one
in the shower.  I will keep you posted on my findings. lol

HenriettaAt 10:20 PM 10/26/2008, you wrote:

>I also have a question about this soap.  You say you need to buy the
>fragrance from brambleberry as some fragrances don't work well -- color or
>whatever.  I have a whole box full of essential oils that I would love to
>use in some soap.  In particular, I want to try making soap out of some
>combinations that I discovered go very well together.  Is it really
>necessary to buy the scent from brambleberry? I want to use up these scents
>which I bought a long time ago.  I have a diffuser that I can put a couple
>of drops into and it makes the room smell wonderful, but the oils won't be
>used up for years if I use them only for air fresheners.
>Any comments welcome.
>
>Oh, I'll tell you one fragrance combo that I discovered goes very well in a
>diffuser and maybe would also in soap: It is orange and jasmine.  I stuck a
>few drops of orange essense and jasmine oil in the diffuser and it was
>incredible how good it smelled.
>
>Happy crafting.
>--le

Henrietta