[Nfb-krafters-korner] New to the List...

Liz C. Daniels lizworks at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 26 03:54:45 UTC 2009

Greetings to all,

My name is Liz C. Daniels, and along with my husband and guide dog, we live in a suburb of LA-LA LAND, otherwise known as Los Angeles, California.

I've just found your list, and decided to join, 'cause I'm interested in the possibility of selling my  beautiful and useful creations, which consist of knitted items, custom-poured candles and soaps.

There are a couple of local farmer's markets that look promising, and I want to be as competitive as possible.

I would like to hear from others who've successfully sold their wares at these and other venues.

My initial goal is to simply supplement my income, and then see where this venture leads.  I'm burned out from my, "real" job after eight years, and took a significant pay cut before the holidays last year; nice, huh?

Some questions:

Is there more or less a going rate for specific knitted items, such as dish towels, scarves and baby blankets?  I do knit other things too, but am thinking this is a good place to start.

Are there any soap-makers on the list?  I'm just barely starting with this craft, and would appreciate hearing from other soap-makers who are blind.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Liz and Pirate