[Nfb-krafters-korner] Merry Christmas to all!

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Dec 25 02:23:41 UTC 2009

I am sitting here on Christmas Eve while my dear husband is watching Star
Wars, or maybe he is sleeping.  We had snacks for supper tonight like
tacos, potato skins and pigs in a blanket.  Saving our appetites for  tomorrow.
The toys are all wrapped for the 3 Princesses to tearrip into  tomorrow
afternoon.  This is one of the first Christmas Eves that I am not  having
company or going out.  It is too quiet here.

My oldest son left for Mexico yesterday to spend Christmas and New Years
with his partner's family and my daughter went to up state New York to be
with  her boy friend's family.  I have to share them with their significant
others.  At least the one that have the kids live in the same town and
family lives close by.

Well I cheated as far as making things for Christmas.  I ordered jams  from
Laurie.  I really tried a couple of times to make that snow flake, but  now
I am going to wait until I get the jams and then have one that Laurie made
so I can follow it a little better.  I get up to the 5 beads in a row and
then not sure which beads I need to go through.  I have tried it maybe 4
times, but just don't feel like it is coming out correctly.  So I can  wait.
I tried using the seed beads the 8 per inch ones and that was hard  feeling
and counting the beads.  So I had gotten some of the size 6 per  inch seed
beads and I can feel and count them better.  Those are the ones I  want to
work with until I develop a better feeling on dooing them.  I have  tried a
thin thread that I did not feel well.  I tried a wire that I liked  as it was
stiff and did not use a wide eye needle with that, but the wire tended  to
get twisted and I trimmed it off, but not sure how I could weave it through
if I had to do it more then 2 times through.  I settled on something Laurie
sent to me that feels like a fishing line that works well with the wide eye
 needle and has a little stiffness to the line.  I like this the best.

I am a little slow with the beading, but maybe I will catch on to  this.  I
like the idea of the snow flake as it builds up from just a  circle.

Well I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe rest of the year
with good health to everyone.

May your heart stay warm and your hands stay busy.
May your family be close
and dear God give everyone a healthy New Year.

Joyce, Wisty and the doxie kids!!!