[Nfb-krafters-korner] pictures

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 20:15:21 UTC 2009

I believe you can get great enjoyment out of pictures even if you are  blind.
 It is one of those things that you interact with the sighted  world.

Someone here mentioned about the families sharing pictures and with the
others talking about what they see in a picture brings back your memories of the
events and you can take part in the conversations with those sighted  folks.

My son went to the Bahamas within a year of me going blind.  He  brought his
pictures of his vacation and left them in the car.  He later  took them to my
Mom's house to share them with her.  I heard about this a  few days later.

I contacted him and asked him next time he came for a visit if he would
please bring the pictures with him.  He did and we sat for a long time with  him
describing the pictures and the good time he had going there.  Before  he left
that day he told me he thought about his trip and realized that it did  not
just include what he saw in the Bahamas, but the sounds of the music, waves  and
the taste of the foods and drinks and the smells of the sea and culture of
the island.  With his descriptions of his photos I shared his experience of  a
good time.

Joyce
net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)