[Nfb-krafters-korner] pictures digital

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 16:06:31 UTC 2009

Terry,

In the past I use to be a Dachshund breeder.  I did this before I went
blind, but we continued breeding after I went blind.  I had gotten to be  known as
a color Dachshund breeder.  What that means is there is an array  of colors
and patterns in the Dachshund breed besides coat lenth [smooth, long  hair,
wire].   What interested me was the geneology and what you would  get by breeding
this to that with whatever was in the background.

Sorry, I digress when I talk about Dachshunds.

My point here is my husband's job was caring for the puppies in a  litter.
When I went blind he would take digital pictures of each  puppy.  I would
download them into my computer and he would tell me what  picture was what.  I
would name the pictures so I could identify the  file.  Example chocolate long
hair female].  Now when I was sighted I  had my adult Dachshunds pictures
professionally done.

So I had seen colors and patterns before I went blind of most of the colors
and patterns available in the Dachshund breed.  I had folks on waiting  lists
for certain colors, sex and coat.  When these baby puppies were a  week old I
would send out pictures of the pups along with pics of their parents  to
potential buyers.    People would come to actually see  puppies when they  were 2
or 3 weeks old.       From the time they came and left deposits.   the
folkswere  invited back on a weekly basis to play with their puppies.  People that
could not get back as frequently pictures would be sent to them to see how their
 puppy was growing.

So I handled all the details on that with pictures and it did surprise
people when they came to my house and learned I was blind.

So even as a blind person we can value photos and why not learn how to take
some?

Joyce

PS Cindy,

Could I interest you in thinking about doing a photography  class???
net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)