[Nfb-krafters-korner] pictures

Laurie Porter freespirit1 at tds.net
Wed Feb 4 00:26:44 UTC 2009

That is not unusual. I am the same way. I had eyesight until age 35 so I
haven't been totally blind that long I lost it heygradually and when I do my
beadwork, I still see all the colors as if I could actually see them.
Unfortunately, my parents who are both blind took very few pictures. When I
had 20/200 I had one of those disk cameras and I even though I could see, I
like the auto focus especially for action shots. In college, I had to take
some professional photographs for a documentary projectt in my mixed media
classes. So, I got to try the stuff that the professionals use. I used a
measuring method similar to the one cindy used to take the pictures. I could
have gotten someone sighted to do it, but I'm glad for the experience. Back
then I had enough sight to focus the camera a little bit, but have never
used this method being totally blind.